Sunday, April 5, 2009

Launch of the season for baseball, folks!

Tomorrow it all begins.

This day brings me such happiness.

I am completely obsessed with baseball and I am not afraid to admit it.
It renders me utterly powerless and yes, on occasion, my life becomes unmanageable because of it.

Baseball has brought so much to my life. When I was deep in my addiction with drugs and alcohol, it was something that I enjoyed. Now granted, it took a lot for me to actually enjoy an event at this time in my life, but this, I truly did. No matter how bad my nightmare was the night before, it was like the game just took it away. I got lost in the movement of the ball. I got lost in the action of the player. I got lost in something greater than myself. (there's a concept!)

I will need to work the 12 steps on baseball this season but in an edited way, perhaps. Lol

That's me, taking my will back.

Ok, first things first. Here is how I will apply the spiritual principals behind the steps to my addiction with baseball.

1. Honesty is the principal behind the 1st step.
I will be honest with myself and others as to how many games I will be watching.
(hint...all of them)

2. Hope is the principal behind the 2nd step.
I will have hope that the Minnesota Twins will continue on their journey all season to
win the American League Central Division Title.

3. Faith is the principal behind the 3rd step.
I will have faith that I can make meetings and watch games everyday!

4. Courage is the principal behind the 4th step.
I will have the courage to watch the hardships that we (Twins) have along the way.
Ripping my fingers away from my face as I cover my eyes in utter dismay.

5. Integrity is the principal behind the 5th step.
I will show integrity to Yankee and White Sox fans when we play each other.

6. Willingness is the principal behind the 6th step.
I will show willingness to show integrity to the Yankee and White Sox fans.
(I like this one better)

7. Humility is the principal behind the 7th step.
If all else fails, go back to step 6.
Progress not perfection, people!

8. Love is the principal behind the 8th step.
I will show all the love, everyday, to my Minnesota Twins!

9. Discipline is the principal behind the 9th step.
Oh.....let me tell you, I definately have this step down. I am very disciplined when it
comes to my boys.

10. Perseverance is the principal behind the 10th step.
I think we all know that I have enough spunk to make this all happen.

11. Spiritual Awareness is the principal behind the 11th step.
I will add the Minnesota Twins and of course, other selective teams, to my prayers and
meditation that I do on a daily basis.

12. Service to others is the principal behind the 12th step.
I will commit to carry the message to others that BASEBALL ROCKS, YA'LL!

**By the way, that pic up there is Joe Mauer, he's a hometown boy!** Love him!

IT'S OPENING DAY!!!

I'm just saying.....



5 comments:

  1. I love opening day and I love that you love baseball so much. It brings me joy. I'm watching the twins right now...tied up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWELVE STEPS AWAY FROM CHRISTMr. Bill Wilson, who was heavily influenced by demons, was founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) and creator of the twelve-step program.

    Chapter sixteen (p. 275f) of 'Pass It On' The Story of Bill Wilson and how the A.A. message reached the world records Mr. Wilson's use of the ouija board, participation in séances, psychic events, "spook sessions", table levitation, and how he would receive "messages" from "discarnate" spirits.

    Bill Wilson was clearly in contact with demons, and this is the man who created the deceptive twelve-step program.Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood Him. (Step #11.) The last part of this statement ("as we understood Him") is enough to damn your soul! God says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.(Proverbs 3:5).

    This is the exact opposite of "God as we understood Him." All men, according to Romans 1:18-32, are condemned before God, because they rely upon their own understanding (Romans 1:21; Ephesians 4:18, "having their understanding darkened"), and they create (in their own darkened minds) a god of their own making (Romans 1:23).

    To encourage people to turn their "lives over to the care of God as we understood Him", is to encourage people to "turn their lives over to a god of their own making" (i.e. according to their own understanding).

    This promotes nothing more than spiritual death (Revelation 22:15). In addition, these twelve steps are a deceitful attack against the saving work of the Lord Jesus Christ (i.e. they are against Christ, anti-Christ, 2 John 7; Colossians 2:8-10).

    The twelve steps are (as Mr. Wilson used them) given as an answer (a way) in which one can overcome sin (with Mr. Wilson's case, the sin of drunkenness).

    Jesus Christ is the ONLY answer for sin. He is the only way (John 14:6). There is only ONE "step", and that is faith in the Saviour (Ephesians 2:8/Matthew1:21/John 8:36/Romans10: 13!

    The above exemplifies the "twelve steps" are what are used to "become free from addictive, compulsive" behaviour (i.e. sin). In other words, the twelve steps are the saviour!

    No doubt it is deceptive, because "Biblical principles" are interwoven throughout; but if they weren't, few (if any) would be deceived. One good question to ask would be, "Where does Scripture talk about any 'twelve steps'"? The answer? Nowhere!These twelve steps come from Satan (via Bill Wilson), who is the master deceiver (Revelation 12:9). Remember, SATAN used Scripture to tempt Christ (Matthew 4:6), and Balaam spoke much truth (Numbers 23-24); but he was a false prophet (2 Peter 2:15-16/Numbers 22).

    In Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus warned, Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

    Jesus likewise warned in Luke 13:24, Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the motivational phrases used in many 12-step programs is, “It don’t work unless you work it.”

    In reality they offer a plan of salvation to drunkenness based upon works. They have tried to implement biblical principles upon one sin, rather than the whole, and in doing so they missed the greatest part of the gospel message.

    That Christ actually sets you free! If anyone is in Christ he is a new creature, if anyone is in AA they are forever an alcoholic.

    "Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." - John 8:34-36

    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." - Romans 8:1, 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to realize that we are not ALCOHOLICS in need of SOBRETY; we are SINNERS in need of GOD. We will never find God by trying to clean up our sinful behaviour one piece at a time.This is the wrong method to find true Biblical healing. A Christian does not keep their old clothes and simply sew new patches of unshrunk cloth on them, patching them up as they cleanse each sin.

    If they were to do that their clothes would be worse off with the patch, not better! Look at what Jesus said:

    "No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.

    Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved."
    (Matthew 9:16 - 17)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I'm not sure who you are Mike Patrick but thank you for the posts. I too believe in God and luckily for me, my God does not judge others. Thank you for your opinion and I am also glad that I can have my own as well. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete